Did You Know…
- A 250% surge in phishing was detected in 1Q16. (Barkly)
- 1 million unique attacks were identified in 2016. (RSA)
- Every 30 seconds a new phishing attack is launched. (RSA)
- $1,200 is the average loss to each person successfully phished. (SonicWall)
- $9.1 billion is the total cost to global organizations from phishing. (RSA)
- United States is the most attacked country, with 48% of the global phishing volume. (RSA)
- United States is also the top hosting country, hosting 60% of all global phishing attacks. (RSA)
Our Inboxes Are Inundated With Phishers
You know you’ve gotten them. Fake emails sent to you by “phishers.” All of us receive one – or several – e-mails in our inboxes each day. They usually claim to be from your bank, e-commerce vendor or other online site.
The phisher wants you to click on the link in the e-mail and go to a phishing website, which looks just like the website of the company being phished. Once on the phisher’s website, they have you hooked. They can reel in your account numbers, financial details, and even identity information – just like that! And then the problems begin.
30% of Phishing Emails Get Opened
Of course not every e-mail you receive is a phish. In fact you should expect your bank or e-commerce vendor to regularly send you legitimate e-mails. But how can you tell the difference?
Well, that’s what the Phishing IQ Test is all about. Give it a try and test your knowledge, so that you can stay ahead of the hackers and not become one of the 30% that open their emails and get hooked.
Read the source article at SonicWall
Last modified: March 28, 2017