The VMware Cloud Foundation is an integrated software stack that bundles compute virtualization (VMware vSphere), storage virtualization (VMware vSAN), network virtualization (VMware NSX), and cloud management and monitoring (VMware vRealize Suite) into a single platform that can be deployed on premises as a private cloud or run as a service within a public cloud.
Highlights and Key Benefits
of the VMware Cloud Foundation
- Accelerate time to market ‒ Achieve up to 15x faster time to stand up your cloud by eliminating complex processes around system design, testing, bring-up, configuration and provisioning
- Faster application provisioning ‒ Enable up to 20x faster app provisioning by end-users through self-service automation
- Lower TCO ‒ Reduce overall TCO of private cloud deployments by up to 30 to 40 percent
- De-risk deployment ‒ Enable quick, repeatable, secure deployments based on a standardized VMware validated design
- Automated deployment ‒ Automates the bring-up process of the entire software platform, including deployment of infrastructure VMs, creation of the management cluster, configuration of storage, cluster creation and provisioning
Use Cases With VMware Cloud Foundation
- Cloud Infrastructure ‒ Leverage the high-performance, availability and scalability of the VMware SDDC to run any mission-critical apps (i.e., database, web apps, VDI)
- IT Automation ‒ Automate infrastructure and application delivery with self-service capabilities to enable infrastructure as a service on-premises
- Hybrid Cloud ‒ Build a true hybrid cloud with common infrastructure and consistent operations, connecting your private and public clouds, that are compatible, stretched and distributed
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure ‒ Simplify the planning and design of a VDI environment based on VMware Horizon®, making VDI deployments faster and more secure
VMware Cloud Foundation on Dell EMC VxRail
This solution offers best-in-class serviceability and lifecycle management capabilities for customers looking to automate the deployment and management of the full VMware Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) stack. VMware Cloud Foundation on VxRail delivers the simplest path to a VMware Hybrid Cloud, while allowing customers to maintain flexibility of networking and topology.
- Self-Driving Automation ‒ Automates the delivery of application services via blueprints (templates) that bind compute, storage, networking and security resources through policies
- Self-Driving Operations ‒ Enables self-driving health, performance, capacity and configuration management to scale and manage the environment efficiently
For more information, contact Arrow Technical Solution Architect Darren Sharenko at email@example.com.
Last modified: September 16, 2019