There is much talk about converged and hyper-converged infrastructures. And, for good reason. Industry analyst firm IDC estimates that worldwide converged systems market revenues increased 4.6% year over year to $2.67 billion during the first quarter of 2017. Like the converged market, the hyper-converged market is rapidly growing. IDC says the market for hyper-converged systems topped $2.6 billion in 2016 and could reach 6.4 billion by 2020. These markets should certainly be considered as a way to grow your business.
A converged infrastructure simplifies IT by bundling compute, storage and networking into a single chassis that can be quickly deployed and centrally managed. A hyper-converged infrastructure means that everything is in a box; but software – like backup software, snapshot capabilities, data deduplication, WAN optimization and more – are added.
Where Is the Value?
Organizations are always looking for some basic requirements of any new technology they evaluate and converged solutions are no exception. Make sure your converged infrastructure enables you to meet the following basics:
- Provides a way to consistently manage the technology
- Ensures performance and uptime
- Makes data actionable and secure
- Achieves the above three requirements within your established implementation budget
Converged systems help you to achieve the basic requirements and more. Most organizations will see these benefits:
- Simplicity resulting in a reduction of operations expenditures and an increase in business agility
- Efficiency with operations that are more responsive, reducing OPEX and potentially freeing up staff to work on revenue-generating opportunities
- Risk reduction with open and interoperable systems enabling better and faster business decisions
Arrow Can Help
If you are considering a converged or hyper-converged infrastructure, you can look to Arrow to help you make the decision. Arrow’s Value-Add Center specializes in built-to-order converged infrastructure solutions that promise to fulfill each individual customer’s needs.
If you would like additional information about converged or hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, please contact your Arrow representative.
Last modified: September 26, 2019