By Chad Frazier
Senior Vice President
Business Development – Data Center/Cloud
In our recent article, How to Weave the Perfect IT Services Tapestry, we unveiled Arrow’s eight Life Cycle Services. As discussed in the article, our experts can easily and effectively weave Arrow’s award-winning services into the life of your customers’ IT solutions.
In part 1 of our Life Cycle Services series, we discussed our advisory service offerings. Now we are going to focus on the next wedge in our services wheel –Arrow’s implementation services, which makes IT solutions production-ready for your customers.
Get to Know Arrow
The goal of Arrow’s implementation services is to assist our partners in weaving the perfect IT solution and then assembling it, testing it, packaging it, shipping it, and then installing it on-site at the customer’s location (if required).
Our implementation experts do all the work, and you become a hero to your customer. That is Arrow’s job – to make you look good and support you wherever we can in your sales efforts.
Arrow’s implementation services include four sub-sets of services that support Arrow’s line card suppliers. These four areas detailed below.
Arrow’s highly trained engineers can provide you with progressive levels of installation skills and support, depending on the scope of your job. Here is a breakdown of our support options:
- Level 1 Support
- Carry out simple rollout activities and provide general labor, including unpacking and packing of equipment
- Level 2 Support
- Provide “rack & stack” installations coordinated by a “Smart Hands” engineer, including changing pre-identified parts, fault finding on-site, and collaborating on technical solutions
- Take control of subtasks during installation, as well as configuration of system components and complex networks
- Produce progress reports, independent analysis and problem-solving in IT operations
- Level 3 Support
- Create and configure system components, complex networks and actual state analysis of IT structures
- Assess suitability and selection of hardware products on the basis of pre-defined criteria
- Perform analysis and provide solutions for challenges in day-to-day business
- Report and present progress of project work
Software Deployment Services
Arrow can coordinate the deployment of software projects for your customers. Here are some examples of our supplier offerings:
- Microsoft, Active Directory, Hyper-V, SharePoint, SQL – Full deployment is supported.
- Virtualization Services – We offer deployment/upgrades/migrations around the leading hypervisors (VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, Acropolis/KVM, Oracle) and provide advanced install services for automation (vRealize) and software defined networking (VMware-NSX, Cisco-ACI).
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure – We provide support for Microsoft Hyper-V, Citrix XenDesktop/XenServer and VMware.
- Skype for Business with Existing PBX – Your customers can leverage their existing telephony investment utilizing Skype for Business; and our engineers can ensure a seamless migration for them, as well as interoperability with their existing Office 365 infrastructure.
- Exchange Migration Services – We can help your customers migrate from an on-premises Exchange server to the latest version of Exchange, Hybrid Exchange or Office 365.
- Linux Small Business Server – Full deployment is supported.
- Google Docs Migrations – Full deployment is supported.
- Oracle Services (DBA Services) – Full deployment is supported.
Arrow’s backup implementation services include assessment and installation services support for more than 11 backup technologies, including Arcserve, Backup Exec, NetBackup, TSM, NetWorker and Veeam. Preserving and keeping your customers’ data safe is critical, so we offer disaster recovery/BCP assessments, implementation, design and testing. Implementing an advanced backup solution may also include recovering data from wiped drives and damaged or destroyed media. Moreover, Arrow provides a secured and reliable solution for data destruction services by utilizing the latest sanitization technologies available or physical destruction compliant with local state and federal laws (this will be discussed in more detail in our article on value recovery).
Recently, we enhanced our implementation portfolio security offerings for small businesses. These include everything from penetration testing/vulnerability scanning to auditing/remediation and business firewall/secure wireless network implementation. Small businesses need to protect their assets just as much as big enterprises, so Arrow is here to lend our support and expertise in making their environment secure.
Weaving Together the Solution
Here are a couple of success stories that illustrate how Arrow’s implementation services wove the perfect IT solution for these customers.
- Cisco Networking Install at Large Retail Shopping Mall – One of the world’s largest shopping center companies was building out a new retail shopping mall at the World Trade Center in New York City. As a part of our reseller’s statement of work with their customer, they contracted to provide on-site delivery and implementation of a Cisco UCS solution along with 26 other Cisco appliances, including switches and routers. The challenge for the reseller was that the World Trade Center, Port Authority and shopping center contractor required both union IBEW Local 3-certified and Secure Worker Access Consortium-certified workers for the delivery of the equipment to the site, as well as the engineers for the implementation of the Cisco equipment. Our reseller did not have the necessary union and SWAC resources, so they reached out to Arrow for help. Arrow was able to provide these resources and complete the project on schedule.
- NetApp FlexPod Install for IVY League School NYC – A large higher education institution in New York wanted to install NetApp FlexPod. They had a primary location in NYC and a disaster recovery facility in Syracuse. This was a multi-phased project. Our reseller had completed the first two phases but was challenged with staffing resources for Phase 3. So they called on Arrow with very short notice. Within two days, Arrow was able to source an engineer, have the engineer “tech-checked” by the reseller’s engineers, and stage the work to start in three weeks. As a result, Arrow was able to quickly implement the FlexPod with NetApp FAS8060, Cisco UCS servers/networking, and VMware installation/configuration. With Arrow’s expert assistance, the project was completed days ahead of schedule. As a result of this successful implementation, Arrow has been awarded additional business from this reseller.
Learn More About Arrow’s Implementation Services
Arrow is here to assist in unraveling IT dilemmas for both you and your customers. For more information about Arrow implementation services or any of the other Life Cycle Services, just submit a request or contact your Arrow representative.
Last modified: March 27, 2017